SNOW!by Michael Francis on 03/13/17
I am not sure if you have heard, but we might get a little bit of snow tonight into tomorrow afternoon…
Depending on where you get your weather, we could be getting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches, or if you go by the bets taken in our house, we could wind up anywhere between a purely rain event and ‘a whole lot’ of snow (we have a 3 year old…he doesn’t quite get the measurement idea yet).
Regardless of what actually hits us tonight, our first concern for all of you, is to stay safe. We have put together a quick list of action items you can take to make sure your home and its contents (you and your family!) are protected.
- The strong winds coupled with the heavy snow they are calling for, could potentially lead to downed limbs and power outages. Make sure you have your electric company phone number handy to report any outages. It is also a good idea to know where extra blankets, flashlights (and batteries) are kept.
- If we do get significant amounts of snow, make sure you remember to keep it cleared away from your windowsills and any doorways.
- Make sure your any exhaust vents are cleared around the house. On that note, make sure the batteries in your carbon monoxide detectors are good.
- Although this is a general cold weather preparedness tip, now is as good a time as any to remind you to keep your pipes insulated. If you have pipes in crawl spaces or that have a tendency to freeze, please be aware of them and take appropriate steps to keep them insulated and the water moving.
- Lastly, know your limits. The snow can be heavy, and if you need help getting rid of it, ask for help. On the other side of that, if you have elderly neighbors, ask them if they need help!
Enjoy the snow, and remember, Spring is almost here…we
Enjoy the snow, and remember, Spring is almost here…we promise!